Tamini Trasformatori is a leading company in the industrial energy transformer sector. A historic company situated in Milan district and founded in 1916. It became part of the Terna group in 2014, becoming an industry leader through the acquisition of TES.
The collaboration with EOS began with TES, and then extended to Tamini, in a process of technological collaboration that reached its conclusion in the migration project to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central and in adopting Dynamics 365 Sales and Power BI.
Tamini Trasformatori distinguishes itself through continuous growth and market leadership. The merger with TES and entry into the Terna Group required a review of business processes and technological evolution to support the change.
The process of migrating from Microsoft Dynamics NAV to Dynamics 365 Business Central first saw a review of the workflows, with the aim of driving the company to a more structured context: activation of the production and planning module, review of procurement and logistics, new planning logic.
The collaboration between Tamini Transformers and EOS began in 2011, when TES adopted Dynamics NAV with the Engineering vertical for the management of the Engineering to Order. In 2016, in view of the merger within Tamini Trasformatori of subsidiaries TES and VTD, a process of ERP solution standardization begins: Dynamics NAV is chosen as the group ERP. In 2020, the project to implement Dynamics 365 Sales, Service and Field Service solutions begins, the goals can be summed up as following:
- Starting of a digital transition process to optimize business processes
- Building of a Customer Data Hub that can facilitate business collaboration and increase end-customer focus
- Introduction of a single tool to manage Presales, Customer Service and Field Service processes
In 2022, the plan to migrate to Dynamics 365 Business Central lays on the following pillars:
- Confirmation of Engineering solution, in the new ETO version
- Review of processes to meet new organizational and process requirements and bring the project back to best practice
- Introducing Power BI as an integrated business intelligence solution
- Interfacing with external planning system, with new PDM and with supplier collaboration system
- Interfacing with MES system & IOT
Migrating to Dynamics 365 Business Central has brought the following benefits:
- Centralized management of the order using the app ETO (Engineering to Order)
- Introduction of itimezed list and cycles adapted to real production activities: this enables the exploitation of production planning and management tools in accordance with industry best practices, while also benefiting from greater flexibility in the choice of production and purchasing methods
- More controlled logistics management by revisiting warehouse management logic and picking by orders
- Greater control in procurement processes, thanks to workflows integrated with job order budgets and analysis in Power BI
In addition, the solutions Dynamics 365 Sales, Service and Field Service enable to:
- Introduce a structured and shared process for managing service requests
- Track all the information related to the Presales, Customer Service and Field Service processes
- Improve workload distribution with the tools provided by the Field Service module
The development of an integrated application platform with a strong inclination toward data collaboration across heterogeneous functional areas allows us to approach new and evolving designs required by the marketplace.